Skip to main content

Fixing : Canon IXUS 70 mode



My apologies for the blurry pics but my phone camera doesn't do macro very well, even though these were taken with the macro setting.
The other day before we went to the farm my little, let's say "destroyer" of a son, took out the camera and managed to break the slider which switches the modes of the camera from shoot, video and playback. It worked but was permanently on review/playback and I couldn't take any pictures.

Today I decided to open it up and see if I could fix it. Who needs a man, really?
After scouring the internets for a while there wasn't any information that was helpful so I stumbled through this myself. It was easy and I didn't electrocute myself.
I thought I'd post this to help others with this dilemma.


Upside down pic of the camera with staple hanging out of the piece you need to 'switch'


It's actually very simple. Using a small screwdriver take out the side screws and the bottom. I was not successful in using a bigger screwdriver to loosen the bottom hence why I was not able to open the back case properly. Caveat: You should use something small otherwise you'll mush up the cross on the screws and may not be able to turn the screw at all.

Anyway, once open you should be able to see the silver rectangular piece on the board (opposite to where the slider is on the case) You can use something tiny, I used a single staple, to push the black slider inside the rectangular piece to the top. It's hard to see but look closely. If you slide it up to the top it puts your camera in picture/shoot mode. That's it! Voila, test it by turning the power on and see if the lens pops up. You've just kinda fixed the mode.

The only other issue is that you can't change modes once you close it up again but you can set the shortcut button to go to video mode so that helps a little. It only leaves you with no playback so you'll just have to keep taking pictures.

Hope this helps!

Comments

  1. Two camera shops wanted to charge us £50 to get it fixed. Thnks to you it cost nothing. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome Anonymous. It's just the reason why I posted the solution so we can fix things ourselves and save money! Yay.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for spending time to make a comment. I will try to respond but I'm very sorry if I do not. XOX

Popular posts from this blog

The cutest labels - Hippo Blue

This is my youngest daughter Jacquie. Jacquie is 3, turning 4 very soon and goes to day care once a week. She also has speech therapy once a week and bad mummy packs her food in plastic bags and old lunch boxes and scribbles her name on paper labels. 
Jacquie is very happy today because she's sporting a brand new lunch box which has her name imprinted on it and it was made by Hippo Blue. Jacquie is in dire need of special name labels and that is where Hippo Blue saved my day and made everything look pretty. Hippo Blue made up a batch of their Vinyl Label Variety pack and I could not be more pleased. I've had other labels before and these ones are quite impressive. Why? well because there's a lot more variety. I like how there are different sizes so I can plaster her name on all her pieces she needs for day care and school.
Did you see those cute footprint stickers? They're shoe stickers. How cool! We also recieved round dots and new square ones which I've never se…

Cooking under pressure

The other day I saw a huge stack of Bellini multifunction cookers in front of Target. Of course the black and sleek packaging and design caught my eye and I stood there having a look at what they were selling. It was an all in one pressure, rice, porridge, cake, steam and slow cooker. It was half price so I really couldn't resist. I plonked it in front of the pram and the toddler walked.
I tried it with rice yesterday and it was fine but wasn't happy about how loud it was as it let out the steam and it spurted rice water over the lid so it doesn't win any gongs in that department. However, I made 15min soy chicken for lunch today so I was really pleased with that. In fact, I don't know how I lived without a pressure cooker for so long! I use to cringe about how it would take me 30mins at least to make a meal and now I can go from frozen to the table in about 25mins. How awesome!
I made this soy chicken using 8 drumsticks, 1/2 cup soy, 1 cup of vegetable stock and set …

Laser Eye Surgery

< feeling sleepy Blogger doesn't like any of my camera pictures at the moment so I can't show you the pictures taken while I was having my eye's lasered. Here are the pics that Blogger decided it would upload of my eye surgery. I finally decided not to wait any longer and after I saw an advertisement at the local medical centre for the Sebban Eye Centre I decided to see if I was a suitable candidate for laser eye surgery. The check only takes 30mins and boy was I glad to hear that I was! I booked an appointment the very next day but I had to still wait 6weeks.
< during the laser!
A week has passed now and I still have slightly blurry vision since having TransPRK or Advanced Surface Laser. Sometimes when I use the saline drops I have clear vision even from the kitchen to the lounge which is fantastic. I just wish it would hurry up so I can get on with things. I have to have IE at 125% otherwise I find it hard to read and I haven't been on the net for a few days now…