Monday, October 5, 2009

Wee Play Baby Quilt

I finished my first baby quilt in time. Phew. I thought I wouldn't make it.
I didn't follow any particular instructions which is why I came stuck in a few places here and there. I used one pack of a Wee Play Charm Pack, a dotty cotton print and one pre-packed craft size Warm and Natural batting.
Firstly, I really liked the idea of the disappearing nine patch. However, I also liked the basic
nine patch which, mixed in, isn't a good idea because you end up with bigger blocks using the latter method. Anyway, I trudged on and did my best to line them up (although I had to re-sew some blocks and use a smaller s.a)
Fast forward to a few months later I finished the quilt top and then I spent one morning quilting it. I have never quilted before so I decided the fastest and easiest way was to quilt in long wavy lines. I started from the middle and made my way to the right edge of the quilt. I had to use the Hyflex gloves as they helped to manouevre it around. I was not use to having that much bulkiness but was really happy with the result.
I binded it in the evening and voila! One really cute Wee Play Quilt.
Now come on baby. We're ready for you now.

2 comments:

  1. ooo its beautiful!

    Ive just started Iris' quilt and am doing a similar style to this one, yours looks so fresh and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you certainly are 'nesting'~ I love the dotty fabric - the colours are great - well done - the wavy quilting looks very professional.

    ReplyDelete

Oh you are so sweet! I really appreciate that you take the time to shout out to me! I love reading every comment but I am hopeless at replying. Thanks for stopping by and come back again.