Sew Far Sew Good
Little Miss turns the big (terrible) Two tomorrow! I have just completed her dress.
I've made a start on her Freya doll. I've cut out the pattern on plastic, and cut strips for it. I hope it turns out considering I've only used the fabric scraps that I have on hand.
The dress required altering of the bodice as it turned out too wide and gaped on her so after some seam ripping (boo hoo) I fixed it up and it looks lovely now. I had intended on making it a halter tie neck but didn't omit the back bodice piece so I elasticised it instead and made shoulder ties. I also added an invisible zipper on the side. It looks pretty sweet. She refuses to try it on again so will have to hold our breathe til this Sunday.
I used the pattern from the Japanese pattern book; it's the spot dress. I just added a Michael Miller : Garden Pindot and made bias ties and a ruffle. I added a 1cm seam allowance : fits perfect around waist. It also sits below her knee. I think if I didn't add the seam allowance it would fit perfectly but I like giving her a little room to twist and turn and especially come summer she would need as much ventilation as we can get!
Now, if only it would stay clean until cake time.