Speedy dress

Wow, it's soooo warm here today. Spring is definately here but it feels more like summer. It's 30 degrees celcius (86 F) and I love love love it.

I decided to re-fashion a cheap skirt I bought last year into a dress for Little Miss.

Here it is before and after...


It was fairly easy to do. Cut the bottom part and make a rectangle 48cms x 60cms. Cut the shirring at one side and hold it around the chest and note where you want to sew it up again.
Sew up the sides of the skirt, run a big stitch across the top of it and gather. Attach the top part and then put on your model so you can attach the ties with a safety pin. Take dress off, sew in the ties and tidy up the top and voila!! Summer dress.
Note: If I made it shorter, like to her knees, it makes running around in it much easier.

Comments

  1. Great job! It looks like it was meant to be her dress!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Oh you are so sweet! I really appreciate that you take the time to shout out to me! I love reading every comment but I am hopeless at replying. Thanks for stopping by and come back again.

Popular Posts