Skip to main content

Blissful Blessings




Over the weekend we celebrated a great blessing.
Baby J had her christening and in her true style she was fussing most of the way through it.
She did manage to stay quiet while the priest walked her around the altar.
My kids don't do well during their christenings. There's just too much fuss going on for their own liking. We don't get many good photo's either. However, I managed to snatch some really lovely ones during quiet time.


The gorgeous headband is a creation of Grace Designs. Rosalind worked with me to design the prettiest headband which made her look all too beautiful.
My sister in law found her a christening dress so I didn't need to make her one.
Which was rather fortunate as I was sick before and left a lot of things to the last minute.


We had a cheeky priest who was quite funny and good with Baby J.
She cried when the water was poured on her head. I took this snap with the camera held high as I could not get close enough. There were many other cameras there too.



I just love girls in dresses and hers was adorable.
The cake man made blocks to spell out her name in an arch along the front and I was really pleased. It had a yummy white forest filling. We sang Happy Christening to You!
No, that's not me holding her. It's her Godmother.

All in all it was a fun night with family. One that we will cherish for many years to come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The cutest labels - Hippo Blue

This is my youngest daughter Jacquie. Jacquie is 3, turning 4 very soon and goes to day care once a week. She also has speech therapy once a week and bad mummy packs her food in plastic bags and old lunch boxes and scribbles her name on paper labels. 
Jacquie is very happy today because she's sporting a brand new lunch box which has her name imprinted on it and it was made by Hippo Blue. Jacquie is in dire need of special name labels and that is where Hippo Blue saved my day and made everything look pretty. Hippo Blue made up a batch of their Vinyl Label Variety pack and I could not be more pleased. I've had other labels before and these ones are quite impressive. Why? well because there's a lot more variety. I like how there are different sizes so I can plaster her name on all her pieces she needs for day care and school.
Did you see those cute footprint stickers? They're shoe stickers. How cool! We also recieved round dots and new square ones which I've never se…

Cooking under pressure

The other day I saw a huge stack of Bellini multifunction cookers in front of Target. Of course the black and sleek packaging and design caught my eye and I stood there having a look at what they were selling. It was an all in one pressure, rice, porridge, cake, steam and slow cooker. It was half price so I really couldn't resist. I plonked it in front of the pram and the toddler walked.
I tried it with rice yesterday and it was fine but wasn't happy about how loud it was as it let out the steam and it spurted rice water over the lid so it doesn't win any gongs in that department. However, I made 15min soy chicken for lunch today so I was really pleased with that. In fact, I don't know how I lived without a pressure cooker for so long! I use to cringe about how it would take me 30mins at least to make a meal and now I can go from frozen to the table in about 25mins. How awesome!
I made this soy chicken using 8 drumsticks, 1/2 cup soy, 1 cup of vegetable stock and set …

Laser Eye Surgery

< feeling sleepy Blogger doesn't like any of my camera pictures at the moment so I can't show you the pictures taken while I was having my eye's lasered. Here are the pics that Blogger decided it would upload of my eye surgery. I finally decided not to wait any longer and after I saw an advertisement at the local medical centre for the Sebban Eye Centre I decided to see if I was a suitable candidate for laser eye surgery. The check only takes 30mins and boy was I glad to hear that I was! I booked an appointment the very next day but I had to still wait 6weeks.
< during the laser!
A week has passed now and I still have slightly blurry vision since having TransPRK or Advanced Surface Laser. Sometimes when I use the saline drops I have clear vision even from the kitchen to the lounge which is fantastic. I just wish it would hurry up so I can get on with things. I have to have IE at 125% otherwise I find it hard to read and I haven't been on the net for a few days now…